Saturday 23 February 2013

Updated Drafts

Updated Draft: Cover

In my front cover I have made a few tweaks and adjustments to make my page more professional and conventional. I have made the font for 'The Everything' bigger, this was a suggested improvement and I believe it looks more professional and eye catching. Along with this I have also adjusted positioning of my barcode and issue texts; I have put them all together which is commonly seen on most covers, this adds to the conventional look. For my text box on the left I have adjusted the cover lines, I have done this to give more of an inside to the magazine, this will attract more people into buying as there is more to tempt them.

Updated Draft: Contents

The updated contents page draft hasn't changed much, it was only really a case of correcting spelling errors and false information under the regulars heading. Along with this I have added web addresses at the top of the magazine, this is common on a lot of professional magazine contents pages so I thought it would be beneficial to use it and keep the magazine conventional. In addition I have also made the word 'contents' bigger, and tweaked the text box underneath, including the magazine name. I am happy with the overall look of my draft contents page and aim to keep this for my final version, with tweaks in the images used and texts.

Updated Draft: Double Page Spread


I feel i have made a lot of improvements in my double page spread, all from my feedback from peers and mainly my teacher's. I have made my article longer including more interesting information in their which still suits the language register. Along with this i have used a bigger drop letter, this gives more of a magazine feel. The overall look of the page is still conventional and simplistic which is my overall aim. I have adjusted columns so they are the same width and cut down to one pull quote which gains a lot of attention. In addition i have also added a different picture, i used a portrait photo that i had perviously taken of my models, this is because i feel it fits better with the page and the layout i want to portray compared to the landscape image. However i like the overall look of my previous image so i will aim to get that similar shot but in a portrait frame. I have also added other little elements to improve the overall look of the pages, for example a bold line under my article, this looks minimalistic and takes up space so it doesn't look too plain. Furthermore i have added a twitter and website address for the band; this is something which is common in real published magazines so i believed it would be a good idea to use.








No comments:

Post a Comment