Monday 18 February 2013

Audience Feedback




This is the questionnaire I used for my audience feedback. I created the questionnaire so that I could get a better insight into what people thought of my draft cover, contents and double page spread. This would also allow me to see what aspects I could improve in order to gain higher marks.  The questionnaire was filled out by 20 students, male/female ages ranging from 15/20.

For question one on my cover I found that 100% said yes. This can show me that my colours and images work well together along with the fonts. For question two I also received 100% yet again this can show that the overall look is good.  Along with this 90% of my students believed the image suited the genre well, this can show that my cover has been a success, and also that my image is appealing.

For my contents page questions overall the response was very positive. My first three questions received 100% yes. This can show that my contents page is conventional, the images suit my genre and also that it is easy to understand. A recommendation I received was to change a regular to a feature. This is because on of my regulars was something that wouldn’t usually feature in every magazine issue.

My double page spread seems to be where most of the improvement in order to gain high marks is needed. Firstly 15/20 students said it draws there attention, I want my cover to be able to draw more attention from readers so improvements will be made in order to achieve this. However 20/20 said the colour scheme and pull quotes work well and should be used in my final piece, which is pleasing. This can show me that my colour palette I have used works well with my magazine, and also the use of pull quotes is affective in the article. A main improvement which came up 16 times was in fact making the image fit the double page spread better because it was stretched. This is something I struggled on because the picture was landscape. Now I know this I will spend more time getting a portrait picture to get a better fit, which will create a more professional look.

Overall main aspects that I should take into consideration when designing my contents page are:
Cover:
  • Colour scheme
  • Fonts
  • Image sizing


Contents:
  •  Wording
  • Colour scheme
  • Professionalism


Double Page Spread:

  • Image sizing
  • Professional look
  • Amount of text
  • Correct text box sizing

  


1 comment:

  1. Great - detailed analysis of your feedback from peers. Hopefully this will help you to pull together a great final draft.

    ReplyDelete