Friday 8 February 2013

Final Draft Double Page Spread


This is my final draft for my double page spread. I like the colour scheme I have used because the black and white allow the blue to stand out drastically which adds focus to pull quotes well. I have also underlined the title of the pages in black, this makes the title seem more professional which is what I intended. The overall lay out is quite conventional, it is usual for a magazine to use an image with text by the side of it, however my image hasn’t fitted how I intended which was a shame. I like the use of my subheading because it introduces the article well which is what is often seen in magazines.

I really like the image I have used the black and white is affective because it keeps the overall look simplistic, for my main cover I might think about having colour, but low contrast/brightness to keep it simplistic/neat. I will try to get this kind of shot in a portrait view, this will allow me to fill the whole half side of the page more accurately.

I like the use of pull quotes because they break the text up and make the read of the article more interesting, for example a huge pile of text can be quite hard and boring to read. Along with this the colour palette has worked well for pull quotes, this is because it has allowed them to significantly stand out in the article well.

I used Helvetica font, this font is sharp and easy to read, however I will probably test different fonts for my final piece to find a specific one that suits my magazine precisely. I made my title bold so people can instantly see the name of the band clearly and have a better understanding of what it is about, the sub heading adds to this as well.

For my final piece I will make a lot of improvements, for example I will definitely put a lot more focus into the sizing of my image and the amount of text I use, during this draft I didn’t put full effort into getting the right sized image to fit the page perfect, therefore the page can be seen to look pretty unprofessional, I would like my photo to cover half to page fully, if not 2/3 but still leaving enough space for a decent amount of text for my article. Furthermore I will make sure all of the article text boxes used are level and the same width, this will allow for the professional look to be enhanced.



2 comments:

  1. Positive- The image looks good and the blue font works again, creating continuity throughout the magazine.

    To make it better- Try moving the text further in and adjusting the images position as it looks a bit cramped on the left.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Positive - The colour scheme which has been used is very eye catchy. The bold lines under bits of text also grabs the readers attention.

    Negative - There could be more text used on the page as there is quite a lot of free space on that area.

    ReplyDelete