Thursday 7 February 2013

Cover Draft



This is my final draft cover of my magazine. I like the overall look of my cover, the image is very eye catchy, I didn’t spend much time taking my photos so the clothing and overall look doesn’t 100% fit the genre, so in my actual cover I will have a lot more time to make it perfect. I am planning on using a black and white image for my main cover; this is because it adds to the simplistic look of the cover. It also allows for my fonts to stand out well in contrast. I like the fonts I have used; the masthead is very clear and the colour allows it to stand out and be easily noticed. My colour scheme I have used is white black and blue, the two neutral colours allow the blue to really stand out, especially with the black and white photo. For my final piece i will spend a lot more time on the actual photo and getting it perfect, this way the whole clothing will suit the genre as well as the surroundings.

For my final piece i am looking at keeping the same look with a black and white image because it looks simplistic and allows my text to stand out well, however i will try using colour because it will add more interest and enthusiasm to the cover. Furthermore i will spend time on my actual image making it sharper with a better overall fit to the cover. Along with this i will make sure the models expressions and body language matches the look i want.

2 comments:

  1. Positive- I like the use of the light blue fon
    text, as it is clear on the black and white picture. Whilst the font used on the masthead is bold immediately drawing attention which is good.

    To make it better- Play around with the graphology and consider moving the text body on the left hand side, as it draws attention before "THE EVERYTHING".

    ReplyDelete
  2. Positive - The cloud pallet used works really well allowing the blue on the page to stand out.

    Negative - The image used could fit the page better and be off a higher quality as it looks squashed slightly.

    ReplyDelete