Friday 8 February 2013

Final Draft Contents



This is my final draft for my contents page. I am please with the overall look because it is simplistic and conventional. It also uses a neutral colour scheme consisting of black grey and white, which adds to the minimal look. In addition the colour palette used allows the photos to stand out more, which draws attention.

I like the overall layout of my draft contents, this is because it looks smart and professional, and this is something I could take into account when doing my final pages. I felt putting the information on the left of the page was a good idea because in general people read from left to right. I chose to put the most important features of the magazine at the top because that’s what will most likely want to be seen first, and the regulars will be something that appears in most issues.

For the title ‘contents’ I used courier in bold for the font, I chose not to have ‘contents’ in very big writing because people will be able to tell it is a contents page anyway, however it is still eye catching because it is the biggest font on the page. The style of the font looks very formal which is what I wanted. For the main texts I chose to use Helvetica because it is a sharp easy to read font. Therefore it will be simple for the audience to read comfortably.

I decided to use subheadings for each of the three photos I used; this is so the audience can instantly interoperate the photo. I underlined each sub title as well, I believe this drew more attention to them and also made the overall look neater. Along with this for each photo I used a circle and page number, it tit this so it is clear what page the audience will be looking for, and it also fit in with the neutral colour scheme very well.

For my official piece I will spend more time on writing articles to make it suit the genre of the text more, for example ‘the new ride’ text information is irrelevant to the magazine and what people will want to read. Along with this I will put more focus into the lining of my photos, some photos aren’t 100% in line, which can give it an unprofessional, and slightly tacky look. In addition I will try to fill the whole page, for example I could include twitter ads and email links etc. I think I will keep the overall layout and scheme but just make vast improvements in making it look professional, while still keeping the simplistic look.

2 comments:

  1. Positive- I really like the style and layout of the contents page, it looks really professional. Espeically the text on the left hand side and the page numbers on the images.

    To make it better- Consider adding a web address in order to make the magazine appear more authentic.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Positive - The overall layout for the contents page looks very professional with lots of text on the left hand side.

    Negative - There is false information in the text which couldn't occur if the magazine was to get published.

    ReplyDelete