Wednesday 30 January 2013

Magazine Title

BASIC

I have decided to call my magazine BASIC; this is because I believe it is a small, 5-letter catchy word, which people can relate to in many different ways.


To begin with basic can correlate with how I want my magazine to be, which is simplistic and conventional, this is a main reason to why the word fits in. Along with this I wanted the name of my magazine to be short, this is because long titles can cause the masthead to be to cramped together, which could give off an unprofessional look. If I use a simplistic font I could make the word really stand out which would have a good affect on the audience. Other names that i was considering to use where IMAGE and PULSE, but overall i found basic had an edge

The title has an opposite affect on the genre because no music is really basic or simple; it all takes a lot of time and effort etc. to produce. Music is very complex. Some inspirations for my magazine title were CLASH, NME and VIBE. Clash magazine was a real inspiration because it is also a simplistic 5-letter word, which has a good ring to it; both names are also easy to remember as well.

Here is the word basic in a few different fonts, this is giving me an over all view on what font works best with the name and magazine itself. These fonts use wont necessarily be the font I use for the magazine however it will be a few I am considering:

BASIC BASIC BASIC BASIC BASIC BASIC

1 comment: